Unique trillion gemstone ring with a lowered, guarded setting that helps protect valuable gems and reflects the color off the shield.
This is a Distinction Jewelry exclusive design available by custom order in your choice of available gems and precious metals. To explore pricing and get started commissioning this design, just drop us a line! Custom order rings start at $1,400-$2,000 and go up from there depending on gems and materials used.
Why Distinction Jewelry?
We are woman-owned and operated, a US small business, and we believe fair trade principles should apply to Americans, too. Our goal is to build a business that benefits employees with good jobs, buys from other quality small businesses, and refuses to join the race to the bottom.
- We use sustainable US-recycled and refined metals.
- We use ethically sourced gems from small businesses and individuals around the world.
- We always put quality ahead of cost.
Distinction Jewelry will never be your cheapest option, because we don't exploit cheap labor or materials. We will always provide you with the quality and radiant beauty of clean luxury you can feel good about wearing. Bring the beauty of true fine jewelry into your life.
A Distinction Jewelry Exclusive Design
Embrace the real you with an exclusive, custom made, designer ring. Proposing? Your one in a million deserves to say yes to a designer ring will never be found on clearance in a smudged shop window.
Each ring is made to order in exactly your size using a combination of a sophisticated jeweler's CAD system, modern CAM milling technology and old-school hands-on goldsmithing. With this technology you get a completely custom ring in weeks rather than the months that are standard for custom jewelry. It takes an average 3-8 weeks from the time your order is finalized.
You can choose just about any precious metal out there, platinum, palladium, silver, gold from 10k to 22k, and exotic golds like rose or green gold.
Engrave it with your own handwriting, or choose a font and fill color (band width permitting).
Custom finishing: If our signature mirror polish finish doesn't do it for you, pick from eight different surface textures. Hammered and satin are the most popular.
If nothing you see is quite right, and you want a ring that really sings to your heart, we can help. Custom design is what we do!
Don't want a diamond? Unlike other jewelers, we won't shame you for wanting something different. In addition to an extensive gem inventory, we work with fair trade/direct trade gem sources worldwide. Give us a little time, and we’ll be able to get just about any gemstone you can imagine....even if we have to send a guy to the mine, have it dug up, and cut it to order. How’s that for awesome?
Building a Dream
A note from the owner:
I grew up in poverty, and now embody the "American Dream." With no education, no connections, and no funding, I built Distinction Jewelry while working full time as a security guard, a dog trainer, an emergency dispatcher, and later, a manager. Today I own a house, a car, and a business. My own American dream is financial stability not just for myself but for my employees - the two we have now and many in the future.
The dream is a company that:
- Employs Americans at fair wages. Provides health coverage and generous benefits, plus working conditions like working from home, flexible hours, and bringing pets to the office.
- Purchases goods and services mindfully. If we purchase from an overseas mega-corporation, our purchasing power makes the rich richer. But if we buy from small American companies, and individual miners in Africa, and small family businesses in India, our purchases can boost more than the economy: they can boost people.
- Hires qualified people without regard for college degrees, acknowledging that a lack of job openings targets the financially disadvantaged who cannot afford college. Teach them skilled trades like stone setting and CAD design.
- Makes customer service a priority and an honorable profession. I argue that such a key position warrants the very best people, and they should be hired and paid as such.
- Benefits people, communities, and the earth we live on.
Can one small brand do that? Take a path long abandoned by profits-first corporations, in a fiercely competitive market? That depends on you, our customers. Will you buy that cheaper megastore ring that supports toxic mining and slave labor? Or will you join us in choosing to build the world you want, one purchase at a time?
I believe in humanity. I believe we can do this.
Caveats and Addendums*
Custom made items such as this ring cannot be returned. Please be sure of details like metal and stone choices, size, etc. before you order. Thanks for your understanding!
Ring images are photorealistic renders from my CAD system. Consider them a really amazing preview sketch! Diamonds tend to render accurately, but colored gemstones are often markedly different in appearance from the renders. Whenever possible I’ve included an example photo of the actual gem variety for a more realistic presentation. Unique designs even include a photograph of the exact gem that will be used in the ring.
All values for stone size and weight are approximate.
* Yes, that is a Firefly reference.